All Saints Church

All Saints Church

The oldest building in the town is All Saints Church.

All Saints is a Grade 1 listed building in the Gothic style, with parts of the building dating back to the 13th century, and parts of the tower dating back to Norman times.

The tower, originally constructed of wood, was replaced by a higher brick structure in 1795. The tower houses a peal of eight bells, and has clock faces on three sides.

Vicar: Reverend Canon Caroline Pinchbeck

Tel: 01430 871576 (Irene Pittaway – Chruch Warden)

Vicarage: 38 Cliffe Road, Market Weighton, YO43 3BN

Website: www.allsaintsmarketweighton.co.uk

St John

St John’s Methodist Church

The present Methodist Church was built in the Italian style next to the former Methodist Chapel (built1786) and was opened in 1866.

Minister: Reverend Japhet Kabilu

Market Place, Market Weighton, YO43 3AJ

Tel: 01430 873407

Website: www.marketweightonmethodist.org.uk

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Roman Catholic Church of Saint Mary

The parish was founded from the domestic chapel of the Langdale family at Houghton Hall, Sancton. The chapel at Houghton (1829) was demolished in 1957, and the present church at Market Weighton was consecrated in 1960, replacing a “tin” church of 1905.

Parish Priest: Father David Standen

2 Sancton Road, Market Weighton, YO43 3DB

Tel: 01430 873202

Deacon: Reverend Bill Adlington

Tel: 01430 873362

Website: www.marketweightoncatholics.org.uk

Market Weighton Community Hall Small

Voice of Hope Community Church

Pastors: David & Gillian Riley

The Community Hall, Station Road, Market Weighton, YO43 3AX

Tel: 01430 626259

Meetings every Sunday at 10.30 am

Website: www.voiceofhopecommunitychurch.co.uk