The tower, originally constructed of wood, was replaced by a higher brick structure in 1795. The tower houses a peal of eight bells, and has clock faces on three sides.
St John's Methodist Church
The present Methodist Church was built in the Italian style next to the former Methodist Chapel (built1786) and was opened in 1866.
Minister: Reverend Japhet
Market Place, Market Weighton, YO43 3AJ
Tel: 01430 873407
Roman Catholic Church of Saint Mary
The parish was founded from the domestic chapel of the Langdale family at Houghton Hall, Sancton. The chapel at Houghton (1829) was demolished in 1957, and the present church at Market Weighton was consecrated in 1960, replacing a "tin" church of 1905.
Parish Priest: Father David Standen
2 Sancton Road, Market Weighton, YO43 3DB
Tel: 01430 873202
Deacon: Reverend Bill Adlington
Tel: 01430 873362
Voice of Hope Community Church
Pastors: David & Gillian Rileys
The Community Hall, Station Road, Market Weighton, YO43 3AX
Tel: 01430 626259
Meetings every Sunday at 10.30 am